Forfatter Emne: Help with 24Kw Scotte Burner in English  (Læst 7554 gange)

0 Medlemmer og 3 Gæster læser dette emne.

Offline IrishPaddy

• Begynder
  • Respekt optjent: +0/-0
Help with 24Kw Scotte Burner in English
« Dato: Jan 17, 2011, 14:56 »
Hi All,

Hope someone can help me!  I live in Ireland and I have a 24Kw scotte burner attached to my woodpellet boiler.  There is very little information available on the Scotte burner in Ireland and the installation company went out of business (they were not very good anyway).  I have a 200m2 house with extra high ceiling and I am also heating a 300lt hot water tank.  The boiler is set at 60degrees.  the boiler will after maybe 1 hour at 100% reach 60degrees and then start to power down but only to approximately 60% and then it will increase back to 100% again.  Is this the best I can hope for?  Why is there a pause mode if it never uses it?  Does anyone know what settings I should be using the fan speeds and the pellet feeds at?  Any help would be great because its impossible here in Ireland to get any information

Offline MHES

• Beta tester
  • Top of the pop
  • Respekt optjent: +472/-56
  • Der findes ikke dumme spørgsmål - kun dumme svar
    • MHES
Sv: Help with 24Kw Scotte Burner in English
« Svar #1 Dato: Jan 17, 2011, 18:17 »
Hi IrishPaddy,

There is nothing wrong in the burner to run between 60% and 100%  ;)
Actually the burner can run in the span from 10% to 100% of nominal power, that is what we understand with a modulating burner.

The burner adjusts its power to the actual need, by keeping a constant temperature (or close to).

The "pause function" is only used if the lowest power (10%) is too much, then the burner can go into pause mode or simply stop.

Normally I would prefer the burner to stop completely and only start again when the temperature in the boiler drops more than 10 oC below setpoint.

Best regards
Michael

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me!  I live in Ireland and I have a 24Kw scotte burner attached to my woodpellet boiler.  There is very little information available on the Scotte burner in Ireland and the installation company went out of business (they were not very good anyway).  I have a 200m2 house with extra high ceiling and I am also heating a 300lt hot water tank.  The boiler is set at 60degrees.  the boiler will after maybe 1 hour at 100% reach 60degrees and then start to power down but only to approximately 60% and then it will increase back to 100% again.  Is this the best I can hope for?  Why is there a pause mode if it never uses it?  Does anyone know what settings I should be using the fan speeds and the pellet feeds at?  Any help would be great because its impossible here in Ireland to get any information
Styring nr. 47387 RTB på Android tablet
Opvarmer ca. 270 m2
RTB 10 kW v13.xxxx med VVB-styring og udvidelsesprint.
Årsforbrug 4,5 - 5 ton.
Online fra fyr https://stokercloud.dk/v3/#/mhes_rtb10/main-page
Hjemmeside www.mhes.dk
"How to do" videoer http://mhes.dk/hjem-2/videoer.html

Offline IrishPaddy

• Begynder
« Svar #2 Dato: Jan 18, 2011, 21:04 »
Thanks for that. ;)

Hope you can help with this!  I want to connect a wireless thermostat to the boiler but can it be connected to the control panel and how? Where would I get the schematic for it?  As I said not much information over here in Ireland.

I was going to connect it to the power of the circulating pump so the pump would stop when the temp in house reached the required setting.  this would mean that the boiler would slow down into pause mode until there was a demand from pump again.  Is this a good idea?

thankyou in advance

Best regards

Irish Paddy

Offline MHES

• Beta tester
  • Top of the pop
    • MHES
« Svar #3 Dato: Jan 19, 2011, 19:12 »
Hi Irish Paddy,

Soon you owe me a pint of Guinness  :D :D

The thermostat can be connected to the two terminals marked with "Extern", the very first two terminals counted from left.

Normally there is a "short circuit" piece of wire between the two terminals, but the wire can be exchanged with a potentila free contact.
The function is that the burner will run whenever the two terminals are connected and will stop whenever they are disconnected.

When stopping in this way, you will have same function as if you stop the burner by the "Arrow down" key.
First the pellets feeding will be stopped by stopping the external auger, then internal auger will run to feed all pellets already in the burner into the grate and blower will run for some minutes with full speed to make sure all pellets are fully burned out.

Your idea with stopping the pump can't be recommended.

Best regards
Michael

Thanks for that. ;)

Hope you can help with this!  I want to connect a wireless thermostat to the boiler but can it be connected to the control panel and how? Where would I get the schematic for it?  As I said not much information over here in Ireland.

I was going to connect it to the power of the circulating pump so the pump would stop when the temp in house reached the required setting.  this would mean that the boiler would slow down into pause mode until there was a demand from pump again.  Is this a good idea?

thankyou in advance

Best regards

Irish Paddy
Opvarmer ca. 270 m2
Årsforbrug 4,5 - 5 ton.
Hjemmeside www.mhes.dk

Offline IrishPaddy

• Begynder
« Svar #4 Dato: Jan 24, 2011, 20:16 »
HI all,

Back to you again. I installed a wireless thermostat and it seems to be working well.  I have a couple of questions.  The pump seems to keep pumping when the boiler is in off3 mode until the water temperature drops to around 45c.  Is this preset and can I change it in one of the menus. If so how?  Also in normal running of boiler should the boiler be able to reach the set temp (60c) easily?  My boiler seems to take a long time to get to that temperature.

Best regards

Irish Paddy

Offline MHES

• Beta tester
  • Top of the pop
    • MHES
« Svar #5 Dato: Jan 25, 2011, 18:20 »
Hi Irish Paddy,

It would be nice to know the version of the software in your burners control box.
Is it one with 4 x 7-segment display (4 red ligth digits) ?
Try to open the bos (4 screws in the corners) and read the label on the microprocessor chip (the biggest onr on the circuit board).

I think your circulation pump is connected to a normal thermostat (outside the controlbox) ant it is this one starting and stopping the pump.

What is long time ?
If you wait for the bus, 10 min. is long time, but if you wait for the tax bill, one month is short time  ;)
How long time does your boiler need to reach 60 oC ?
From 20 oC to 60 oC in these days, 1-2 hours is quite normal.

Best regards
Michael

HI all,

Back to you again. I installed a wireless thermostat and it seems to be working well.  I have a couple of questions.  The pump seems to keep pumping when the boiler is in off3 mode until the water temperature drops to around 45c.  Is this preset and can I change it in one of the menus. If so how?  Also in normal running of boiler should the boiler be able to reach the set temp (60c) easily?  My boiler seems to take a long time to get to that temperature.

Best regards

Irish Paddy
Opvarmer ca. 270 m2
Årsforbrug 4,5 - 5 ton.
Hjemmeside www.mhes.dk

Offline IrishPaddy

• Begynder
« Svar #6 Dato: Jan 25, 2011, 18:41 »
Hi,

I definitely owe you a pint of Guinness, and its very good where I live :D.

Is there a version 4.13?  thats what it says on the chip.  Is it an old version :(

Before I had thermostat in the house It would take 1-2 hours to reach temp (60c+). So this is quite normal? with new thermostat most of the time the house is up to the correct temperature before the boiler reaches 60c and the thermostat switches it to off3 mode. Is this normal?  Is 71/2 - 8 tonnes of pellets excessive or how does it compare for size of boiler?. Remember its not as cold here in the winter although we had very cold weather last year and this year so far (-16c).

Thanks again ;)  and i'll have that pint on standby for you

Irish Paddy

Offline MHES

• Beta tester
  • Top of the pop
    • MHES
« Svar #7 Dato: Jan 25, 2011, 19:13 »
Hi Irish Paddy,

Yes, you are right, the guinness is best in Ireland  ;)
I love your country as well...

V4.13 could be right, it is not new, but it is also not very old.

I am not sure which thermostats you are talking about ?
Is it thermostats on the radiators (thermostatic valves) ?
..or is it your wireless thermostat ?

Normally here in Denmark we have a thermostatic valve on each radiator, controlling the flow through the radiator from the room temperature.
In this way the need for power from the boiler varies, depending of the need from each radiator and the control system will adjust the power of the boiler to the necessary level.

For me it sounds like you have now a central wireless thermostat, which starts/stops the burner depending on the temperature around the thermostat.
I then guess you just have manual valves on each radiator, is that correct ?

Anyway, when you have a wireless thermostat, it will start/stop the burner depending on the temperature around the thermostat, and that is not the best heating comfort.

How many tonnes of pellets you use per year, doesn't depend on the size of the boiler, but simply on the size of your house, the wanted temperature and the level is isolation in walls/roof.

Best regards
Michael

Hi,

I definitely owe you a pint of Guinness, and its very good where I live :D.

Is there a version 4.13?  thats what it says on the chip.  Is it an old version :(

Before I had thermostat in the house It would take 1-2 hours to reach temp (60c+). So this is quite normal? with new thermostat most of the time the house is up to the correct temperature before the boiler reaches 60c and the thermostat switches it to off3 mode. Is this normal?  Is 71/2 - 8 tonnes of pellets excessive or how does it compare for size of boiler?. Remember its not as cold here in the winter although we had very cold weather last year and this year so far (-16c).

Thanks again ;)  and i'll have that pint on standby for you

Irish Paddy
Opvarmer ca. 270 m2
Årsforbrug 4,5 - 5 ton.
Hjemmeside www.mhes.dk